“That is the primary confirmed fatality brought on by Naegleria Fowleri publicity at Lake Mead Nationwide Recreation Space,” the park mentioned. CDC confirms Nebraska little one who died after swimming was.

A Nevada resident died from a brain-eating amoeba that he might need been uncovered to in Lake Mead earlier this month, the Southern Nevada Well being District mentioned on Wednesday. The uncommon.

brain eating amoeba lake mead

A boy has died of a brain-eating amoeba an infection after swimming in Lake Mead this month, authorities in Nevada mentioned. © (Luis Sinco / Los Angeles Instances) Nevada well being officers mentioned this.

Consultants: Lake Mead brain-eating amoeba dying amongst few in US. The dying of a Las Vegas-area teenager from a uncommon brain-eating amoeba that investigators suppose he was uncovered to in heat waters at ought to immediate warning, not panic, amongst folks at freshwater lakes, rivers and is derived, consultants mentioned Friday.